Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pork Infrared Tenderloin

Well mom got me this new Charbroil infrared oil less fryer/grille and I had to test it out.


I love pork and with New Years coming and myself being responsible for the main course in our New Years day dinner I had to make a trial run.  I got to give a little cred to Guy Feiri show that was on TV the other day as the recipe for the stuffed part came from him.  It consist of Garlic, Rosemary, Salt/Pepper and then mixed in some Pesto.  Cut the Pork open and then slathered it in the middle.  Close it and then put in a baking dish big enough to hold the 5 LB Pork Tenderloin and then throw in a Cup or so of white wine and then about a cup or so of Chicken Stock. I marinated it overnight and then I flipped it over once I got up the next morning.  About an hour before getting the pork ready to go on the grill I cut the pork in half. I tied it up with some butcher string I covered one half with course ground pepper and salt and on the other half I covered it with pesto. 

5 garlic cloves
Rosemary (2 or 3 stalks/branches)
Salt (tablespoon)
Ground Pepper (table spoon)
Oil (Olive or Grapeseed) Enough to mix everything up
Pesto... Half of a small jar

Cup or so of white wine
Cup or so of chicken stock




This cooked for about 2 hours in the infrared (between 160/170 on the thermometer) and then came out and I let it rest for 10/15 minutes. Cut and ate and I have to say it was pretty dang good.  I preferred the Pesto outside but my friend who came over seemed to be indifferent as they both had good flavors. 





While Luke worked on the pork tenderloin, I was in charge of the side dishes and the dessert.  I'll tell you about the dessert later this week.  ;)  One of the side dishes was green beans, but I decided to change the green beans up a little bit.  I brought 2 pounds of fresh green beans up to a boil, then drained them and soaked them in ice water.  Once cooled, I sautéed the green beans and sliced about 6 white mushrooms in extra virgin olive oil.  While the green beans and mushrooms were sautéing, I whisked a Dijon concoction together.  Once the green beans and mushrooms were tender, I drizzled the Dijon mixture over the green beans and mushrooms and tossed them together in the pan.

2 lbs. fresh green beans
6 white mushrooms (sliced)
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List