Monday, April 14, 2014

KEMOPALOOZA


I know this isn't food related but I wanted to tell you about the event Luke and I attended Friday night.  The event was KEMOPALOOZA which raises money for CAMP KEMO Programs of Palmetto Health Children's Hospital.  One of my friends was helping with the event so she told me about it and I immediately knew I wanted to support it.
 
Several of the children who have cancer and blood disorders were there so we were able to meet some of them.  They all seemed so happy and appeared to be perfectly healthy.  If we hadn't known they were sick, we would never have known by looking at them.  They were such an inspiration.  Attending an event like this really puts things in perspective.  I'm so glad we attended KEMOPALOOZA
 
The event was also so much fun!  There were so many things going on so the evening flew by.  They had live and silent auctions, a photo booth and a rum sampling table.  Two different bands played and they were both great!  Two of the kids got up on stage and danced.  I can't even tell you how adorable they were!  They truly touched my heart.
 
These are a few pictures from the evening.  I wish I had been able to get a picture with those amazing children.
 

This is one of my best friends and one of my favorite people in the whole world!  I'm so glad she told me about KEMOPALOOZA!
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you have an event like this in your community, I highly recommend it.  It's for such a great cause!!

0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List