Friday, March 14, 2014

Finally Friday!!!

It's Friday!!!  Is anyone else as happy about that as I am?!  I'm going to spend a lot of time spoiling my little baby girl (our dog Izzy) with lots of attention this weekend.  I have to make up for the lack of attention she's gotten from me this week.



I realized I've got to reprioritize some things and manage my time a little better.  I made a promise to myself that I'd post on the blog Monday through Friday, and I've really enjoyed doing it.  This is my "happy place".  Working full time and commuting to and from work doesn't leave me much free time at home.  It also doesn't help that I worked late twice this week and didn't get home until after 7PM (one of those nights was the night I only skimmed over Luke's post...oopsy).  I also workout at least three times a week which is something I won't change.  I'm committed to staying in shape.  I'm committed to all of these things and once I commit to something, that' it.  I'm not going to let myself or anyone else down (Izzy for example) so I've got to come up with a plan.  Any suggestions for juggling it all?

I was able to prioritize my work day enough to take the time to have lunch with friends on 2 different days this week which is amazing with everything I've got going on at work.  This is progress because over the last year, I was horrible about making room in my schedule to spend time with friends on a regular basis.  However, Luke and I had an unbelievably crazy year last year.

On a whim, we decided to put our house on the market (for sale by owner) to see if anything would happen.  We honestly thought we'd show the house a couple of times and that would be the end of it.  We didn't think we'd get a single offer.  Boy, were we ever wrong.  We showed the house one time and they made an offer before they pulled out of the driveway.  They also told us they wanted to close in 30 days.  We accepted the offer but we had a lot to figure out in a very short amount of time.  We definitely weren't prepared for this to happen.

However, God always has a plan.  Everything fell right into place.  My boss, who is also a friend of ours, helped us find a great rental house.  The rental house had enough space for us to store our extra furniture and things which kept us from having to rent a storage space.  While we were renting the house, we started building our next house.  The house was finished before Thanksgiving so we were able to enjoy our new house for the holidays.  We're so fortunate that everything worked out like it did. 

I almost forgot to mention, a month before we closed on our new house I started a new job.  So as you can see, we've had A LOT going on this past year.  To be honest, I like being busy but I've realized I've got to slow down enough to do all of the things I'm committed to doing, do all things well and enjoy everything.  Especially when it comes to spending time with my little Izzy! :)


 

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List