Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Sausage Biscuit"

As I've mentioned, I'm a pescatarian so sausage biscuits are not an option for me anymore.  I had always loved sausage biscuits, sausage balls, chili with sausage and dips with sausage so sausage is something I've actually missed.

One of my friends has high cholesterol (it runs in her family) so her doctor recommended that she limit the amount of meat she eats which has actually helped lower her cholesterol.  One afternoon, I was explaining to my friend that I had found alternatives to most meals/meats but I had not found an alternative for sausage.  Thank goodness for my friend!  She asked me if I'd tried the Morning Star Farms Original Sausage Patties.  I told her I hadn't tried them because I'd thought they'd be awful.  She told me I had to try them because they taste just like a real sausage patty and the texture is even like an actual sausage patty.  She was so right!!!


The "sausage patties" are such a treat for me!  For breakfast this week, I'm eating one "sausage patty" on half of a toasted, buttered whole wheat bagel.

The sausage patties are so easy to cook.  Just spray the skillet with cooking spray, then place the frozen sausage patty in the skillet and brown both sides.  Once both sides are browned, it's ready to eat!   I highly recommend you give these "sausage patties" a try.


0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List