Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Duplin Winery

A lot of you may not be familiar with Duplin Wine or the Duplin Winery.  Duplin Wine is made from muscadine grapes so the wines are sweeter than most wines on the shelf.  Luke isn't a big fan of wine but he loves the Duplin Wine.
 
The Duplin Winery in Rose Hill, NC is such a great place to visit.  They give free tours and free wine tastings Monday through Saturday.  I've been to the Duplin Winery three times now and every one of my experiences there have been wonderful.  
 
They also provide evening performances throughout the year. The shows aren't free but they are reasonably priced.  For this past weekend, I bought the Murder Mystery Dinner package which included a hotel room, transportation to and from the winery and the Murder Mystery performance and dinner.  The Murder Mystery package was a great deal!
 
When my mom and I arrived at the winery, we took the free tour and then participated in the free wine tasting.  After the tasting, we went into the gift shop and the actors were there waiting to interact with everyone and drop hints.  After about 20 minutes, everyone made their way into the dining room for dinner and the show.
 
The free tour
 
 
 
The free wine tasting
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Murder Mystery performance was great and so entertaining!  The actors interacted with the audience the entire time.  Unfortunately, our table didn't win (or even come close) but it was so much fun!!!
 
The murder mystery show
 
 
 
Did I mention the amazing peanut butter pie we ate for dessert?  Oh my goodness!  It was pure heaven on a plate!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
My mom and I are hoping to attend another murder mystery dinner at the winery within the next year, and I highly recommend all of you attend something like this at some point.  It's even more fun than I thought it would be!!

0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List