Friday, April 25, 2014

Mother-Daughter Weekend

I'm so excited to have a Mother Daughter weekend with my amazing Mom!  
 
 
Today we're spending the day walking around downtown Wilmington, NC (fingers crossed it doesn't rain) and then tomorrow we're going to the Duplin Winery for a tour and tasting and the Murder Mystery Dinner.  I can't wait!! 
 
Luke and I went to Wilmington for our one year wedding anniversary, and we loved it! When we checked out of our hotel, Luke noticed a brochure for the Duplin Winery.  He picked up the brochure and realized the winery was only about 45 minutes away from Wilmington so we decided to stop off at the winery instead of driving straight home.  By the time we got there, we'd missed the tour but we were just in time for the wine tasting. ;)
 
A few years later, we took my parents to the Duplin Winery for the day, and we did the tour and tasting.  We all had a blast! 
 
These are a couple of pictures from that day.
 
 
 
While we were there that day, we found out they have Murder Mystery Dinners a few times a year so my mom and I decided we'd have to go back for that one day. 
 
For years, my mom and I talked about going to a Murder Mystery at The House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC but it never worked out for us to go.  So we are long overdue for this!
 
My mom has never been to Wilmington so I hope the weather cooperates so she can get the full effect of Wilmington.  She has been so excited about this for months.  Wilmington is such a fun and beautiful city.  If you've never been, you're really missing out.
 

 


0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List