Monday, January 13, 2014

There's nothing like homemade hot chocolate...

The weather was miserable here on Saturday.  It was so rainy.  It was one of those days where you just want to curl up at home in front of the fireplace, drink something warm and watch movies, and that's basically what we did. Of course, we included our dog, Izzy.   


I don't know the last time I had homemade hot chocolate.  I found this recipe online and it's truly amazing!  I don't think I can ever go back to hot chocolate mix now because this hot chocolate has me spoiled!  I got the recipe from this website www.momables.com and I've included the recipe below.


***I put a dollop of Kraft's Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme on ours which made it extra heavenly!***
  • ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ⅓ cup hot water
  • ⅛ tsp salt
  • 4 cups milk (Dairy or non-dairy)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
  2. Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
  3. Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.
  4. Remove from the heat and add vanilla; stir well. Serve immediately.



0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List