Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mini Strawberry Sugar Cookie Pies

I'm super excited about this season of Dancing with the Stars!  I'm already ready for next week's episode!  I don't think the cast could get much better than this one!  NeNe is hilarious, Candace Cameron Bure is absolutely adorable and who doesn't love Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar)!  I'm a huge fan of Candace Cameron Bure so I'm definitely pulling for her.  She seems like such an incredible person.  I read her first book "Reshaping It All" and her new book, "Balancing It All," is on my list of books to read this summer.  So who are you pulling for on DWTS?

For Sweet Tooth Tuesday, I decided to recreate one of my friends yummy desserts.  She makes the best fruit pizza!  It's one of my favorite spring and summer treats.  Last week, I started craving her fruit pizza but I decided to take the sugar cookie crust and orangey topping from the fruit pizza and make something new.  Strawberries were on sale this week which worked out great because they are the perfect fruit for my makeover dessert.



1 package 24 count refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 8 oz. cool whip, thawed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. package fresh strawberries, chopped

In a mini muffin tin, press the individual sugar cookies into the individual cups.  Bake according to the package instructions.


While the cookie cups are cooling, mix the cream cheese and vanilla extract.  Then add the cool whip.  Once incorporated, stir the strawberries into the mixture.


Spoon the strawberry mixture into the cooled cookie pies and refrigerate.

The orange glaze:

1/2 cups sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp. corn starch
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup water

In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk the sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water.  Bring to a boil, continue stirring and cook for about a minute.  Remove from heat and allow to cool but not set.  Drizzle the orange glaze over the strawberry cookie pies and serve.

 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List