Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cheese Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers

While grocery shopping a few weeks ago, I found BellaFina sweet peppers (baby bell peppers) in Publix.  I bought a package of them because I thought they'd be great for an appetizer or a side dish.  When I got home, I noticed a recipe on the back of the package so then I was even more excited!  The recipe included ricotta cheese which you can't got wrong with!  However, I did have to make a few adjustments to the recipe.  This is how we made our cheese stuffed baby bell peppers...I baked mine and Luke grilled his. :)

1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp. oregano, chopped
1 tbsp. basil, chopped
1 tbsp. flatleaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup arugula, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet.  Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until the onions soften.  Once softened, remove from the heat and set aside. 

Next, cut the baby bell peppers in half and remove the core and seeds.

In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, onions, herbs and salt and pepper.  Spoon the mixture into each pepper. 

Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Place the peppers on the cookie sheet and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes. 

Or you can grill your stuffed peppers which is what Luke did.  Either way, they're delish!!!

 
These really are a great appetizer or side dish! 

0 comments:

About

About

Social Icons

Archive title

Archive title

Blog Archive

Followers title

Followers title

Followers

Google Followers title

Google Followers title

Show Stopper

Simply Gloria

My Blog List